Aura Air Wi-Fi Support
The Aura device, like many IoT devices, requires a WiFi network of 2.4 GHz, one that does not have a firewall enabled, and lastly, a WiFi that is in range.
A device that is having an issue connecting to your local WiFi network can point at a few issues:
- The router is too far away from the device.
- The network is not 2.4 GHz.
- A firewall is enabled.
The best way to verify your device's connectivity is to connect it to your Mobile Hotspot.
To learn more:
|Supported Specifications||Aura Device|
|Dynamic IP (DHCP)||✓|
Min 8 character WiFi Password for security purposes
Special Wi-Fi Considerations
The following features are not supported:
- 5 GHz is not supported.
- Captive portals (where you are redirected to a web page to agree to terms of service or enter an authorization code) are not supported. This is common in hotels and corporate public networks.
- Wi-Fi networks that are 802.11 n only (do not support 802.11 b or g as well) are not supported on the Aura device.
- Setting up an Aura device with WEP encryption is not recommended, as WEP is not secure.
- IPv6 is not supported.
- WPA2 Enterprise is not supported.
- Please note that our devices do not support 40MHz wide band channels.
The Aura device connects to TCP Port 5683 (CoAP), outbound.
Please ensure that any firewalls active on your network are not blocking Aura's servers.
If you are connecting from a restrictive network that does not allow outbound TCP access on Port 5683, you may need to allow-list these IP addresses or allow access based on the device's MAC address.
|IP Address||IP Address||IP Address||IP Address||IP Address|